Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thur April 8th

Well let’s see what shall we do today! Today I have tried to apply for a job with the Federal Government, OH MY! I can’t tell you how tough this has been so far, besides having to fill out many forms, a 1128, 1129 and a pretty large questionnaire and give them all my personal information and approve them to do a back ground check, I’m surprised they have not asked for a blood sample....or maybe that’s next!!


After about an hour of getting through all the steps I have applied for one position, yeah! Don’t tell me I have to do all of this again to apply for another position .... oh brother ... yep, you do .... maybe tomorrow.


If you don’t know this by now, applying for jobs is in fact a full time job, each employer wants your resume in their format, and depending on what company you are looking at they will want you to set up a user name and password and by the time you do all of this it’s been an hour already. I’ve applied for a position at 10pm and before I am done it’s 1am and frankly by then I’ve forgotten what I first applied for!


Sacrifices this week.


This week I had to say goodbye to my hockey season tickets, one way or another for the last several years I have had season tickets, it sucks but hey I can’t justify throwing 4 grand on a credit card. Let’s hope by this fall I am making some good dough and I can still buy some games.


This weekend I am going to pull the motorcycle out of the garage and sell it on craigslist, of course I have to call the man who sold it to me and give him first rite of refusal, anyone out there looking for a bike???


Well I’m off to the part time job, see you tomorrow! Hang in there everyone!


Me

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain brother. Between getting ***** by the company I work for and the down turn in the economy, I too was forced to give up my Wild season tickets. This was the first year since I've been back that I didn't make it to a game.

    Stay strong little camper, things will get better.

    ReplyDelete