Monday, July 19, 2010

MON JULY 19TH 2010

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE .....

Greetings everyone, I hope everyone had a good weekend. Last week was a pretty crazy week for me on the world of unemployment front.

First of all I had another job interview, so that was good! Of course I thought the interview went well, it was with 4 people at 1/2 hour each (yikes!) but I am OK with that versus having all 4 at once. The first person was the HR manager, he gave me a tour of the facilities, which I thought was funny, and here are the meeting rooms, and here are the bathrooms and each floor has a fridge .... wow thanks man. I guess I was wondering why he would start the interview that way, I wanted to really tell him 'why don't we do this after I actually get the job', but I didn't and I just went along with it. The more this week has past I am thinking I could have been slightly more prepared for this meeting, I had some other things happen (which we will discuss) on Monday and maybe I should have rescheduled but we got it figured out.

This is concerning the unemployment thing, if you recall I have not been receiving unemployment due to miscommunication and part time job issues, well I got my hearing on Monday and for the most part everything is resolved. It just so happens this hearing was scheduled 45 minutes before my job interview, so it was a little hectic on Monday, I was also supposed to fill something out for the interview that was in the email that I didn't notice so I had to scribble that out in about 10 minutes ...

So here are the current stats ....

Phone Interviews - 6
Job Interviews - 4
2nd Interviews - 1

Waiting to hear back - 2 positions.

There is another reason I didn't take the last interview as seriously as I should is possibly could have and that's because I honestly thought I would hear from the place I had the 2nd interview at by now offering me a job! That interview went so well with the guy asking me at the end if I wanted the position! I guess I considered that some sort of job offer but nothing has happened. Not hearing from them either way has been a little disappointing, I wasn't even going to go interview at this other company because I thought this was a done deal, I guess you really can never assume.

So I guess I shouldn't be too down on things, last week was a good week all things considered....but frankly I am just sick of this, I'm tired of just going through life which is what I feel like I am doing right now, I'm tired of weeding through job sites, company web sites and all that other crap, but that's what I have to do.


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it take places a long time to get the whole employment offer ready to go..... Fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete