Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13th 2010

Staying Positive???

Well folks I have had a couple more interviews at places, I love when people ask you how did the interview go, because frankly I think they all go well but apparently maybe they don't or I am just blind because if they went that well I guess I would have a job by now!! But I think most of them do go well, I try to make a good connection with who I am interviewing with and make a case for why I would be a good fit for the position, that's pretty much all you can do in a half hour right?

So this last interview was pretty funny, they started with a tour of the corporate offices, from the bathrooms to the break rooms, I wanted to say something like why are you showing me this but I kept quiet, a friend told me some places do that to entice you, I figured the dude was killing time "and here is some more cool stuff you'll never get to use because we are not hiring you ....." or something like that, oh well we shall see. I interviewed with 4 people at a 1/2 hour each (GOOD LORD!) at least the questions were different, the one woman asked me if I could start next week .... that's a good sign right??

So that's what's new in interview land.

On the unemployment thing ... the "APPEAL" was on the phone yesterday, the guy was very 'by the book' - please state your name, blah blah, case number blah blah .... seriously it took him longer to walk through all the questions and such then the actual case. I think he finally gets what is going on and I think this should be resolved, all though he could not apparently tell me his decision right over the phone ..... the guy had a voice like Greg Kinnear, it was kind of throwing me off, I was thinking of all of his movies .... not sure why Sabrina came into my head, that's probably his WORST movie :0)

So let's all wish that the unemployment thing gets resolved so I can get some cash! And that one of these lovely companies that I have interviewed in the past couple of weeks offers me a job!! YES GOD PLEASE!!!! I'm ready to go back to work ..... now tell me how many vacation days do I get a year???? :0)

Still need to change my oil .....


No comments:

Post a Comment