Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oct 26 2010

THE TALE OF TWO JOBS

Well folks just a quick update, at this point I am working 2 jobs, one is overnight cleaning airplanes and the new one is at the local Costco, currently working in the 'front end' area which means anything from assisting cashiers to grabbing carts from the parking lots.

The sad thing is, my first job out of college was at Toys R Us, some of the best friends of my life came from that job and I still stay in touch with a bunch of them, but I did pretty much the same things there, I have come full circle, the other day I was bringing carts in and almost started to cry, almost 20 years later I am back where I started.

I am not sure how long both jobs can last, there are some days where I will work over night, work most of the day and then go back to work the next night, so I am not sure when I will sleep, or how much sleep I will get, so there.

I am going to try and tough this out for a month, if I can't make it happen, then I'll get money by selling stuff that I own on Craigslist, we will start with the Wii, The Macbook, and go from there. I have a Roth IRA I guess I can cash out, but I am trying to wait until after the first of the year to take that hit, I know some of you might say don't do that, but when it's that or losing my house, well guess what will win out....

Well that's the update, just trying to work and make money at the moment...

elroy

No comments:

Post a Comment